Monday, March 06, 2006

Pet Loves - and Hates

I had every intention of refraining from bloggage (Fr. blogging) this evening, but for many reasons my determination is rendered dentally lacking. Firstly, I have been subjected to two bottles of genuinely decent SA plonk; or perhaps one mediocre and one decent, but this second, a Nederburg Shiraz Pinotage, is sublime. Secondly, .. oh bless me, I've forgotten.

Ten minutes later..

Ahhh yes, the vino is one of my pet loves. So what, you cry eagerly, is your tin of walnuts? No, no, no; what is your pet hate, you eagerly cry. Well, since you ask, 'tis this. Transcendence
In my booze befuddled state I read this essay by Vaclav Havel - a poet, so I have heard - and the more I read, and reread, the more I realised that my existing distrust of that most weaselish word, transcendence, is thoroughly justified. It boils down to this, Dear Heart; that which transcends human reason is... errr... unreasonable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home