Thursday, December 01, 2005

SUDS

OK, admit it; you have no idea what that acronym means do you? If you are picturing some nubile in a bath, on the centrefold of next week's ZOO, you are quite wrong.. How sad am I that I find this amusing? Do the words 'village pond' ring a church bell? I was intrigued to find that oodles of government (esp. Scottish parliament) money is being spent to promote SUDS - sustainable urban drainage schemes; google it if you do not believe me. After decades of focused academic endeavour, civil engineers and environmental activists have discovered (and I hope the god of irony will forgive me here) that the pond at the bottom of the village, which is where the water goes when it rains heavily and where the spilled effluvia from the stables fertilises the reedbed, is a jolly good idea. Revelation. Sorry, not trying hard enough. REVELATION!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger TenDollarMan said...

Sudden Urban Death Syndrome

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home