Monday, January 23, 2006

Gay Muslims

I have just sat through a TV programme that tests all my hopes for human reason. Islam - a mythology that in its dogma repudiates homosexuality. Homosexuality - an inherent sexual proclivity. Half a dozen people protesting that there is no conflict between Islam and homosexuality. Meh? Saying 'I am a gay muslim' is like saying 'I am a vegan blood sports enthusiast'. Cognitive dissonance. I have my own cognitive dissonance, I am a determinist who bothers to choose, but I humbly submit that my existential crisis pales into insignificance beside the gay muslim.. or, indeed, the reasonable Buddhist.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not as simple as you may think. Please see my site for analysis of the programme and wider issues:

http://gaymuslims.wordpress.com/

2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home