Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Diversity

I am struck by how bloggers are so very inter-deferential-referential. Why should you read my comments if all I do is refer you to someone more learned or well known or generally sparkly? Why read my blog at all if I have nothing original, or at least unusual, to say? Good question. Well here is a list of things, excluding my job, thatI just might know something useful about:
Wine
Tropical freshwater fish, especially cichlids
Chess (although from a pragmatic rather than 'expert' perspective)
Beer
Philosophy
Women - no, that's a joke
Humour - obviously also a joke
The human condition....

What was that last one? Well it boils down (a rather smelly metaphor, don't you think?) to that wonderful phrase "a professional person". I am a professional person. I have been practising for 21.. 46 years. With my experience, and continuing professional development, I should be considered not only professional but chartered, incorporated, enfellowed and a generally good egg. Answers on a postcard please. No job too small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home