Monday, March 21, 2005

Creeping Rot

As my regular reader (me) may have gathered, I am employed as a sort of intellectual hunter gatherer. Today I came upon an example of Hanlon's Razor (look it up). In the CoSHH (Amendment) Regulations 2004 OES and MEL are replaced by a new occupational exposure limit called... wait for it... the Work Exposure Limit, or WEL. It would appear that because of some sloppy drafting, every formerly innocuous occasion on which an OES is exceeded during workplace monitoring will now have to be reported to the hapless worker or his representative, thus occasioning hordes of walking worried. Were I more convinced of the effectiveness of natural selection on human intelligence I would welcome this, but I fear that the result of this poor piece of legislation will be to criminalise those who sensibly overlook it and to demonise those who do not. Comments on a virtual fag packet please.. Ohhh, I do hate having to grovel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home