Tuesday, April 18, 2006

In Praise of What's Under the Bushell

I am bombarded with corporate literature about values, successes and initiatives; only to find that my annual bonus is nil pounds because the business is performing like a lead duck. This article in today's Times strikes a chord. One of the reasons I am so enamoured of living flesh, be it lover, daughter, kitten or friend, is that I can direct my senses to discovering the veracity of my ideas about these entities. As for the corporate entities upon which I, and my beloveds, depend for our sustenance - it is appalling that we are compelled to wallow in a mire of corporate incompetence, self interest, bad spelling, syntax and grammar, and general narcissistic indulgence; but I suppose it has always been thus. I think that the pull of communism was a recognition of this tribal sickness, a pricipaled action by a middle class elite with no better ideology in view. I have some sympathy with Philby, Blunt, Burgess and McClean - perhaps they saw a free market 1984 and thought genuine totalitarianism more honest?

1 Comments:

Blogger TenDollarMan said...

Sometimes it seems so unfair that one must share the planet with so many fucktards. I wish I could expel them, or at least sequester my own planetoid to rule as I saw fit.

My one experience working in the public sector was horrifying for the same reason. Promotion according to seniority. And the extravagant waste of money for whatever is politically trendy at the moment.

My planetoid would have no money or politics.

1:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home