Monday, March 27, 2006

Madeleine 'Birdbrain' Bunting

I was going to relentlessly expose the flaky theism that forms the backdrop for Madeleine Bunting's articles as the Guardian's Religious Affairs Editor. I was going to take her arguments and show how implicit in them is her commitment to a deity, and to dualism. I was going to show how her ill-informed criticisms of Dennett and Dawkins stem from her epistemological poverty and why she feels the need to cuddle up in bed with the halfbaked Michael Ruse. I even considered throwing her to the pack of atheist wolves at Pharyngula.I was going to whitter on about how this makes her about as interesting as a hatstand in programmes such as the Moral Maze, a programme I find increasingly childish. "Well, go on then.. " I hear you expostulate.

No, I shall not. If you have got this far then you know exactly what I mean and I need explain no further. I would be delighted to hear why one should take seriously anything arising from a mind able to accommodate such a hopelessly incoherent philosophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home